Saturday, August 8, 2009

W/U Flyers

I guess I should mention that I'm not really too interested in any particular competitive format, so pretty much all of my decks will be intended for casual play. Also, I try not to spend too much money on cards, so I tend to use whatever I have lying around instead of buying something that would be slightly better (you'll see what I mean). That being said, let's get to the deck.

Land (23)
1x Coastal Tower
2x Boreal Shelf
12x Plains
8x Island

Creatures (23)
2x Wall of Denial
2x Isperia the Inscrutable
2x Fleeting Image
2x Air Elemental
1x Archon of Justice
2x Goldenglow Moth
2x Angelic Wall
2x Mistral Charger
2x Stormfront Pegasus
2x Soulsworn Jury
4x Suntail Hawk

Other (14)
4x Hindering Light
2x Battle Screech
2x Wing Shards
2x Holy Day
2x Momentary Blink
2x Reprisal

So this is basically just a W/U aggro deck, with a whole lot of flying. I really wish I owned a Flashfreeze or two, because that would suit this deck very well. That and Negate. Then I could probably dump two Hindering Lights and the Momentary Blinks for those. I've been looking at a few other additions as well, such as Sprite Noble or Magus of the Moat.
I could try to trade out the Air Elementals and Fleeting Images for something like Sky Hussar and...I don't know what else so I could include Honor of the Pure and have it be more effective, although it probably would be pretty effective regardless of whether or not I have all white creatures.

ALSO!
I'm very much looking forward to this 17th, when my local MtG group will be getting together for a M10 Booster Draft! It will be the first draft for all of us, so we're making things a little easier on everyone by using 4 boosters instead of 3. If I am still interested in this thing once the 17th rolls around, I'll be sure to take notes on the draft and post about what went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment